PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR
Become a PADI Assistant Instructor in Tenerife
Continue your professional journey and become a PADI Assistant Instructor in Tenerife. Learn how to assist with teaching scuba diving and work anywhere in the world.
Prerequisites for Assistant Instructor
- A PADI Divemaster who has been a certified diver for six months
- At least 60 logged dives
- CPR and First Aid training within the past 24 months
- A medical statement signed by a doctor within the last 12 months
All certifications from other training organisations may apply.
What you will learn
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
You may be able to get college credit for the Assistant Instructor course. Learn more about this here.
As a PADI Assistant Instructor (AI), you will be qualified to independently deliver certain PADI Programmes as well as assist PADI Instructors more effectively. The AI course is the first part of the Instructor Development Course (IDC) which candidates complete before going through the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) programme during the second part of the IDC. Most candidates complete the two parts of the IDC together as part of the full IDC and continue to complete an Instructor Examination (IE) as the final step of becoming an OWSI. However, the AI course can be completed a stand-alone programme and will qualify you as an Assistant Instructor.
CONTINUE YOUR PADI PRO CAREER
PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (6 DAYS)
- Rescue Diver course
- EFR course
- PADI Divemaster materials (ultimate pack)
- Equipment hire as well as insurance
- Boat & shore dives
- Access to onsite training pool
- Compressor operator certification
But why come to us?
Becoming a PADI Divemaster in Tenerife will change your life! Our training is more than just a course. The programmes we deliver will train you in vital safety scenarios as well as giving you an insight into working at a dive centre. You will train with Dan, our PADI Master Instructor with 13 years of teaching experience and 100% pass rate for Assistant Instructors and IDC candidates. He is also a Technical Diver and qualified ASSET Scuba Technician.
Our large dive centre provides you with the best facilities to learn throughout your course. In particular; modern classroom, reception shop, kit room, wash room and servicing room. Our servicing room also houses our Coltri air compressor and Nitrox membrane. Similarly, we also have hotel facilities available for you to use. For instance onsite pool to practice confined skills with shower and changing facilities.
You will experience what it is like to work in an operational 5-Star Dive Centre located in a busy tourist area. Therefore you will receive the best experience to prepare you for your PADI career.
- All training is completed to a very high standard
- We do not run the course to just “tick boxes”, we ensure you master every skill
- Our qualified Divemasters find employment all over the world
- We are a highly ranked dive centre on review sites across Tenerife for the last 7 years
- All our trainees leave after completing the course as our friends
- You can book accommodation which is within walking distance through us – at competitive prices!